Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need you help regarding the RFC programming. My client wants me to transfer a table frm one sandbox to another. Also once this table is transferred then every night the change in sandbox 1 shud be transferred to sandbox 2 for new entries; And they have specifically asked me to use RFC programming. can you tell me how do i go about it?

thanks and regards,

Gaurva

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create an RFC function module similar to a fun module in SE37.

just check the radiobutton in attributes RFC enabaled.

Call the Fun module in the program and pass the server name of other server as DESTINATIOn.

This is the only extra thing which we have to pass.

Other coding is similar to other common fun modules.

reward if useful

Regards,

Anji

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write a report program in sandbox 2 using function module RFC_READ_TABLE and import parameter give the sandbox 1 table name and in destination give the RFC destination from sandbox 2 to sandbox 1. This function module will give you all entries in table from sandbox1,

Write a logic in your report program in sandbox 2,

first you select entries in sandbox 2 table comparing with table values you got thru fun moudle and update the same in sandbox 2

aRs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

There is a rfc function module RFC_READ_TABLE which is for External access to R/3 tables via RFC. Use this FM in a program in sandbox 2.

First Get the already existing entries in sandbox 2 and also get entries in sandbox1. Compare these entries and transfer only the new entries.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Richa