Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC from Non-unicode to Unicode ?

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

We have a non-unicode system and unicode system. we are trying to make a RFC connection from NON-UNICODE to UNICODE and get some data from UNICODE system.

I am looking to any info related to how to make RFC connection for unicode compatiablity to get data.

My question is in UNICODE system data will be in UTF-16 format and in NON UNICODE it will be UTF-8. so making a connection from NON UNICODE to UNICODE how the data will be

After getting the data from UNICODE system in NON UNICODE whehter i need to do containerse (Call methiod READ_CONTAINTER_C) ?

PS please don't suggest to go thru SM59 documentation, I have already gone thru this , but i couldn't find any proper answer to my question

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think we have to worry about the data in our ABAP code. The RFC Software development kit(SDK) will be different in both these cases, and i think the SDK should take care of the conversion as long as the RFC destination is configured correctly.

I would wait for other inputs too.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think we have to worry about the data in our ABAP code. The RFC Software development kit(SDK) will be different in both these cases, and i think the SDK should take care of the conversion as long as the RFC destination is configured correctly.

I would wait for other inputs too.

0 Kudos

Thanks Aparna

Solved using following notes

814707 - Troubleshooting for RFC connections Unicode/non-Unicode

809279 - RFC non-Unicode to Unicode with unknown text language

790485 - RFC Problem Single Code Page, non-Unicode to Unicode System

722193 - RFC legacy non-Unicode clients and Unicode servers

548016 - Conversion to Unicode

547444 - RFC Enhancement for Unicode ./. non-Unicode Connections