Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC error when trying to add transport request in queue in STMS..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to add a Transport request in queue in STMS transaction. I get RFC error saying some problem with tp program.

But when I go and check the RFC connection through STMS in system overview -> Communication -> RFC setting, it says RFC connection Ok.

What may be the issue ? I really need some light on this..

Regards,

Rajesh.

3 REPLIES 3

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

Problems with the tp program are most likely due problems at the level of the operation system. The tp program may have no access to parameter files (*.tpl) that are required for transporting.

Check if the <i>transport domain</i> is properly configured. Also try and use all check functions in STMS.

Finally, check that the transport request is indeed existing (check <i>data</i> an <i>cofiles</i> directory).

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Please give some inputs on this ?

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

At times when u try to add the TR to a queue there would be 2 reasons.

1. If u have imported a TR into a system say QTY and it needs to be re imported, then we delete it fromthe STMS queue and add it again to re import it.

2. If u have some transport from external sap system to be imported here we place the data and Co files in the trans directory and then add the TR to this queue.

A TP failure happens if the data and co files does not exist in the TP directory or else, the TR target system is incorrectly mentioned.

Hope it helps.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers