Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination P11TPMREPL does not exist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are having inbound qRFC from CRM system to ECC R/3 Quality system . The problem which I am facing is all the qRFC from CRM to ECC R/3 going into 'CPICERR' error. The error message say 'RFC destination P11TPMREPL does not exist.' .

We are receiving this error in our Quality system and the 'P11TPMREPL' is the production RFC destination.

I am not getting why the inbound qRFC from CRM to our Quality system is looking for production 'P11TPMREPL ' destination.

Is anyone having idea; what is going wrong and where do I need to for RFC settings.

Thanks.

Shilpa

7 REPLIES 7

former_member206439
Contributor
0 Kudos

Most of the times you will refresh the quality system with production system data.

So for IDOC every thing wil copy from production system.

You can chnage the IDOC destination system name in the WE19.

I think it wil create problem for IDOC which are copied from Production system.

thanks

Naresh

0 Kudos

Yes, You are correct Naresh...We refreshed our quality with production data before few weeks.

But I am wondering how qRFC's are related to IDOC...Where I can see the RFC setting for QRF...I mean where exactly system is looking for destination P11TPMREPL.

Thanks

Shilpa

0 Kudos

IDOC is executing based on data passed to to that IDOC.

These values you can see at IDOC data level.

If you want to change the data you can do it in WE19 and execute the IDOC again with pointing to correct destination system.

Thanks

Naresh

Edited by: Naresh Nelapatla on May 25, 2010 4:40 AM

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I agree; IDOC process the data which they carry. But these inbound qRFC are not created from IDOC. I have checked the system but not found any IDOC.

Pls suggest.

Thanks

Shilpa

0 Kudos

If you go and see IDOC details you can find the PORT number and destination system details are pointing to Production system.

When qRFC will get all production port and destination where your quality system don't have access to production system ports.

You can manually change the ort number and destination system name.

i am not unable to recall that Tcode where we can change all these details (check WE19.

0 Kudos

Hi,

These inbound QRfc's from CRM is NOT being created through IDOC. Please guide me on from where the system is identifing/retrieving RFC destinaion as production.

Is it like the RFC destination in inbound QRFC's are being send by CRM ...

Thanks

Shilpa

0 Kudos

Sorry,

In my system IDOC got the same problem.

I thought yours also same problem.

There is no queue configuration, since this is a logical queue. There are no separate tables for the individual queues. For an R/3 system, there is only one table for the send queues. All entries for queues of all participating LUWs are stored in the queue table TRFCQOUT.

and also check this table QSENDDEST.

Thanks

Naresh