Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY and the OUTPUTLEN option

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to limit the output length of a field while using REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY by changing the OUTPUTLEN parm. But it doesn't matter what value I place in there, the output length is always the same as the dictionary domain length.

I also tried ddic_outputlen without luck. Altering ref_fieldname and ref_tabname seems silly.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As u are filling OUTPUTLEN then it should work, but try to log off and again login the system... & then check. If it does not work then,

if u are creating fieldcatalog table using REUSE_ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE and after that u are filling OUTPUTLEN of a particular field, then it might not work may be because of different length in OUTPUTLEN & ref_fieldname(it might be conflicting, its a possibility(actually it should not happen)). But try to fill only 1 thing at a time.

If u r using REUSE_ALV_FIELDCATALOG_MERGE then try to create fieldcalalog manually and fill "tabname, fieldname & outputlen", i think it should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If u r creating fieldcataloge manually then OUTPUTLEN perameter will work and u r using the FM "FIELDCAT_MERGE " then it will keep the standard length of every field ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create a manual fieldcatalog

wa_fieldcat-fieldname = 'MATNR'. 
wa_fieldcat-tabname  = 'ZMARA'.
wa_fieldcat-seltext_s = 'MATNR'
wa_fieldcat-seltext_m = 'Material Num.'
wa_fieldcat-seltext_l = 'Material Number'.
wa_fieldcat-outputlen = '25'.
APPEND wa_fieldcat TO auxcatalogo.  
ADD 1 TO wa_auxfieldcat-col_pos. 

Edited by: Raul Natu on Apr 24, 2011 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the field catalog there is a field 'no_convext'.

Set this to 'X' while passing to the FM REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY .

If this is not passed, no matter whatever values you give in, the system will give priority to the dictionary domain length.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all of the replies.

The issue appears to be that if you include COLWIDTH_OPTIMIZE='X' in the IS_LAYOUT parm of REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY then, changing the OUTPUTLEN has no influence on the displayed field lengths.

Is that your experience?