Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retreiving archive IDOC's using AIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know how to retrieve archived IDOC using Archive information structure .

I am thinking that I need to use archive object IDOC for this .If anyone has used this please

do send me the details or steps how to do this ?. Which filed catalogue do I need to use ? etc etc information.

Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the function module EDI_IDOC_GET_FROM_ARCHIVE to read the archived IDOC..

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

WE do not want to populate the original tables using this function module .WE are planning

to create AIS tables and fill those .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roopa,

You can use the SAP supplied field catalog SAP_IDOC_001, and the SAP supplied archive information sturcture SAP_IDOC_001, but I would recommend modifying the SAP supplied archive information structure as it contains many fields which could lead to a large table in your database. Or, you could use the Analyze functionality to read the archive files from SARA.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply .SAP_IDOC_001 field catalog doesn't have EDID4

& EDIDS tables .I can see only EDIDC table info so how are we gonna get SDATA ??.Please clarify .If you have done this before please let me know the step by step procedure .Thanks in advance .

Message was edited by:

Roopa Prakash

0 Kudos

Hi again,

The tables and fields listed for the archive information structure are the ones used for search capabilities. Once the structure is filled, you can then get to the rest of the archived tables and fields, including the SDATA (Application data) by going through the Technical view and accessing the entries for table EDIDD.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

0 Kudos

Hi Karin ,

Thanks for the response.

In your response I did not quite understand what you meant by

'Once the structure is filled, you can then get to the rest of the archived tables and fields, including the SDATA (Application data) by going through the Technical view and accessing the entries for table EDIDD.'

What is meant by ' going through Tehnical view and accessing entries..' ? Is it going to be accessed separately by using the EDIDC data .Do we need to creata any Information Structure for this .or Are we going to handle programmatically?,

Could you please elaborate on this ?.

Thanks ,

Roopa

0 Kudos

Hi,

Additional information pertaining to archive information structures:

In order to view the archived data via an archive information structure, the structure has to get "filled" or populated with data. Archive info structures get filled two ways:

1) manually, by going to sari -> Status, enter archive object and click on Status per archive, or, Status per info structure if the archive object has more than one information structure. You can then select the data you want to populate the info structure. This way is used if you activate an info structure after you have archived data.

2) once the archive info structure has been activated, the structure is automatically filled during the archive delete job.

The "technical view" is how you access archived data outside of the DRB (document relationship browser). It is called the technical view, as the data is separated by the different tables belonging to the archive object. For example, when viewing the IDOC info structure, you get your selection list back, double click on the desired idoc and you see the following screen:

001794-001IDOC

EDIDC 1 Control record (IDoc)

EDIDD 14 Data record (IDoc)

EDIDS 5 Status Record (IDoc)

You need to click on the spy glass (that was not copied over) to get to the data for each table. This is not a new info structure, but part of the SAP supplied one. It is standard archive functionality.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Karin .I want to give you 10 points but I don't know how to give please guide me .

0 Kudos

Hello Roopa,

I am glad the information was useful. I believe you reward points by going to your user profile and selecting the thread from your list of recent messages. Then, click on the hyperlink and you will be directed to a list of all the responses. Then, click on the star icon next to the response you found helpful and a popup window will appear allowing you to award points.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

0 Kudos

I did not find how to reward you points

0 Kudos

Activating the info structure will only enable viewing of idocs which will be archived henceforth.

How to retrieve idocs from existing archives

0 Kudos

Hello,

To "back-fill" the AIS structure from previous archive files, go to transaction SARI, click on Status, enter archive object and click on Status Per Archive. The archive files that have not been used to fill the AIS structure will be marked with a red light. Select the files you wish and click on Fill Structures.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson