Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd: Table control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a unique problem. I have developed a table control for maintaining ztables.

One has header and the other has item level details. Now in my module pool

program i first call up the header table and then when i double click on the header

record it navigates to item level table. Everything is fine.

But the issue is there is a date field both in header and item level. I can see a help icon when ever i click on the relevant date field in header table but not in item table. But in both on pressing F4 on date field i get the calender though.

The user wants to see a similar icon as in header also in item. But i don't know why is it not showing up. Though for both tables i haven't done any special coding.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Das.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that the Help Icon that you are refering to is the Icon when clicked on it will display all the Possible Entries for the field.

Also when you are creating a Date field in the Screen, You will not automatically get the Calendar on hitting F4 when the screen field is not referring directly to the Database table field.

When you say that the calendar is actually displayed but only the Icon is not displayed I suggest that you look at the Screen Attributes for that field and check what is the default set against the Possible Entries field in the Program Tab.

This might solve your Issue.

regards,

Mahesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that the Help Icon that you are refering to is the Icon when clicked on it will display all the Possible Entries for the field.

Also when you are creating a Date field in the Screen, You will not automatically get the Calendar on hitting F4 when the screen field is not referring directly to the Database table field.

When you say that the calendar is actually displayed but only the Icon is not displayed I suggest that you look at the Screen Attributes for that field and check what is the default set against the Possible Entries field in the Program Tab.

This might solve your Issue.

regards,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Thank you.

It solved my problem..

Das.

0 Kudos

Hi Das, Can you please let me know how you solved this issue