Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd. Qualifier Fields in Segments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to know was the usage of qualifiers in IDOCS.

Some segments have these qualifier fields, but what exactly could be the significance of them. Could anyone tell me about them.

Regards,

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP uses qualifiers to distinguish the usage of a field in a segment

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Qualifiers are basically differentiating the subsequent data in that segment. By that what I mean is let us say in a segment you have a qualifier and a material number field. Now in the Idoc type, if you have a need to send more than one material number, but they refer to different things like customer material number, vendor material number, your material number etc, you will use the qualifier to identify and differentiate them.

0 Kudos

So you mean to say that it makes sense from the receiving side perspective. When the outbound IDOC is sent, the side which processes the inbound can make sense of the fields using the qualifiers...Am I right.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP uses qualifiers to distinguish the usage of a field in a segment

0 Kudos

So you mean to say that it makes sense from the receiving side perspective. When the outbound IDOC is sent, the side which processes the inbound can make sense of the fields using the qualifiers...Am I right.

Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Yes Vijay, it is from the receiving side's perspective that you will use these qualifiers, but the agreement about the meaning of the qualifiers should be known to both sides.

Srinivas