Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding nested report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppose v have called a new reort progarm from report1 program i.e thru SUBMIT command....and in the new report program i.e called report is having a CALL TRANSACTION statement....so wat happens?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transaction specified in the CALL TRANSACTION will be called normally. Close the thread and mark points if it helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

The question is not pretty clear to me. I think you are asking that Report Program A is calling another Report Program B through SUBMIT command. In Report Program B there is a call transaction Command. This will work fine provided it is not calling Report A otherwise it would give a Session Error.

Regs

Somnath Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You mean to say,

Prg1 calls prg2 using SUBMIT and prg2 calls prg1 using CALL TRANSACTION ?

This will end in a deadlock and go into indefinite iterations.

If prg2 calls someother call transaction, then no harm in it, it will work fine.

Regards

Subramanian

0 Kudos

Hi

If report program A calls Report Program B through SUBMIT and Report B itself calls Report A through Call transaction then I think it will not go for an indefinite iterations.

Reason: Call transaction actually calls a screen and all we know that SAP can create a maximum of Six (6) screens. So the process will run for maximum of Six screen generation. Then it will give a session error i,e. Maximum Session is reached.

Regs

Somnath Paul