Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : standard texts in scripts

mallikarjun_vaja
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

when I created a standard text in so10 and included in window ...

I got the sysntax as follows

INCLUDE Z_BP_FOOTER OBJECT TEXT ID ADRS

and when I executed the script..I got the output.

But what my question is...When I checked already exisiting form(which I Have to

modify now) the syntax is as follows

INCLUDE &REGUD-TXTFU& OBJECT TEXT ID ADR

what is the difference between these two..and

when I checked SO10 for standard text...header text is defined in SO10.

but in the FORM...in Header window the syantax is

INCLUDE &REGUD-TXTFU& OBJECT TEXT ID ADR...

but It should be like this ...Right?????

INCLUDE Z_BP_FOOTER OBJECT TEXT ID ADRS

Iam confused as what syntax is this

INCLUDE &REGUD-TXTFU& OBJECT TEXT ID ADR and why it is used here

waiting for your answers

Regards

Vaja

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The difference between these 2 calls is one is direct call with value : Z_BP_FOOTER .

One stmt is using this format : &REGUD-TXTFU& where regud-txtfu is passed to sapscript as input parameter. while other one is using value : z_bp_footer.

Also text id parameter is different.You can create the etxt z_bp_footer with the same text id as earlier one .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you use this &REGUD-TXTUF& it is just like varible. it is dynamic selection. This is selected from print program of script and value is passed to REGUD structure through select statement. by this INCLUDE Z_BP_FOOTER OBJECT TEXT ID ADRS you are directly accessing standard text.But in above according to condition different standard test can be desplayed as per selected values.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first statement is ur directly include ur standard text name which is created in SO10, this is also give out put in ur script.

second statement is they are not include the standerd text, they are getting that text from any transaction like ME21N it should have header text, that heade text field name and ID they will find then they will retrive from there.

Both way are correct and we can write include statement in script, but depending on requirement. some requirement they will ask to create standard text and some cases they will ask to retrive from transaction like ME21N.

reward me a points if it is use full answer.

praveen