Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: passing totals /subtotals of a ALV to a smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a editable ALV report which has a button to call a smartform . Once the user edits some fields I need to pass the refreshed total to the smartform. I want to know - in what structure the totals/subtotals of the ALV report are stored.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of I know the totals and sub-totals will not be stored anywhere, they are dynamically calculated.

You need to do calculations and send the details to smartform.

Regds

Manohar

3 REPLIES 3

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of I know the totals and sub-totals will not be stored anywhere, they are dynamically calculated.

You need to do calculations and send the details to smartform.

Regds

Manohar

gabriel_pill-kahan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Read the documentation for method get_subtotals of CL_GUI_ALV_GRID. I haven't tried it but it might be helpful.

Regards, Gabriel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Banu,

Even if you figure out how to get the subtotals / totals from a ALV, I would still suggest you to use the features of SMART Forms to calculate the same again in the form.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/55/610e2db57911d4b62c006094192fe3/content.htm

So, that way if your form is triggered even without doing the subtotalling done by the user you are on the safer side as the form will still display what you have designed it for.

Regards,

Ravi

Note :Please mark all the helpful answers