Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg custom segments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an extended idoc for INVOICE01 .I send the idoc to the partner system.I'm not able to see the custom segments in we02 transaction.How can i view the custom segments?

Tharun Venkat

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to write code to move values to the fields of these custom segments. You can use the user exits provided in IDOC_INVOIC_OUTPUT for that purpose. Also, the extensions should also be present in the partner system.

Another point to note is that is a particular segment has no data for any of its fields, then that segment will not show up in WE02 or any IDoc display transactions. It(empty segment) will not be created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tharun,

What I understand from your question that you had created a extended IDoc but you still didnt populate the custom segments as Srinivas was referring to.

There is one point which is in conflict with Srinivas's reply(Nothing to challenge here!!!). You will still be able to see the custom segments in we02 or we09 even if the segment is not filled but you should add this segment to your EDIDD structure.

Regards,

Srikanth

0 Kudos

Srikanth,

Yes if you force add an empty segment to the EDIDD internal table within the function module, you will see the custom segment, but if you look at any of the SAP standard IDoc functionality, you will <u>not</u> see a segment showing up in display when there is no content. That is what I meant. The crucial part in your statement is '<i>but you should add this segment to your EDIDD structure</i>'.

I hope you agree.

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Srinivas,

I totally agree to your point but generally what does happen in IDoc development is(as I had been through it), we add segments to the Basic Idoc and then write a population logic for it but we somehow miss adding the segment to EDIDD structure and hence we dont find those segments neither we get an error as we might have made the segments optional(I mean non-mandatory).

I will tell you further funny things what happens...We then understand that may be the data doesn't exist and hence the segment doesn't seem to add....But that wouldnt have been the case. The question really prompted me the errors which I encountered before and I was trying to just hit if that was the issue.

P.S: And hence I said <i>'Nothing to challenge here!!!)'</i>.

Regards,

Srikanth

Message was edited by: Srikanth Lodd

0 Kudos

I know you meant well Srikanth. I am just trying to find out where you are coming from. Now it is clear.

You want to use the 'better safe than sorry' approach. You are cautioning that sometimes we tend to forget appending the record to the EDIDD internal table. You are correct in saying that.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivas and Srikanth

Tharun venkat