Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read_text FM in scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In script under one window i have declared READ_TEXT fumction module under subroutine tool to read the text dynamically where iam entering the text in the tcode vf02. So here iam providing the text more than 2lines My probelm is here it is taking upto 80characters only where it have declared more than 80characters and rest it is not showing and getting truncated. In my subroutine program Outab internal table value it is not taking completely when iam transfering the value from TLINE table

PLease let me know is their any other function module to read text dynamically or do i need to do any corrections.

<< please do not offer rewards >>

regards,

mahesh.

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Feb 28, 2009 10:49 AM

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

<copy&paste_removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Mar 1, 2009 8:09 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

i have declared the same but here the problem is i can read the text upto 80 characters only but not greater than that. Please let me know why it is reading the limited text when their is more text avaiable.

0 Kudos

HI,

Insetead of using READ_TEXTuse INCLUDE TEXT command as below.

/: INCLUDE <tdname> OBJECT <tdobject> ID <tdid> LANGUAGE sy-langu PARAGRAPH <paragraph format>

Regards,

Bharat.

0 Kudos

use include text instead of read_text fm. also could please show the code u have written?

кu03B1ятu03B9к

0 Kudos

Hi,

In the read_text i have declared the textname as the concatenation of

0 Kudos

Hi,

Declare temp. variables and use Read table tline with index into temp variables and pass the data to the script.

Ask your functional consultant or end user maximaum lines he will enter in the text.

Based on that take temp varables.

Regards,

Surendar Reddy.

0 Kudos

Hi,

which system are you using?

In ECC 6.0 the table parameter is LINES. Which stores all texts after the execution of the FM.

The associated structure is TLINE.

TLINE has component TDLINE(Text Line) which contains texts. It is of length 132.

Regards

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here in scripts based upon count i have passed the data to the script from program.

Thank u all for ur support