Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivate a field-exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All. I need to reactivate a field-exit, How should i do that?

I already went to RSMODPRF and search for the field exit FM and I'm already did the modifications that I need, now i need to reactivate this field exit.

Thanks and regards.

Mauro.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanc

You can use report RSMODFDG to regenrate the screens.

You can also check the OSS note 29377.

Regards

Naresh

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First, you will need to activate the function module and the field exit. Once that is done, you must exit out of the screen that has the field (and the associated field exit), and trigger the transaction again. (basically the screen needs to be regenerated and that happens when it is called again).

Hope you have gone through the documentation of the Program RSMODPRF that talks about the details.

Thanks,

Prayarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanc

You can use report RSMODFDG to regenrate the screens.

You can also check the OSS note 29377.

Regards

Naresh

0 Kudos

Hi All

Here is what I did:

1. Go to SE38 and run program RSMODPRF

2. Put the field that I need to reactivate (STCD1) and hit F8

3. Here the report took me to the FM FIELD_EXIT_STCD1 which already exist, so I did some minor modifications and reactivate this FM

4. Go back to RSMODPRF (here I see the exact same screen as before)

5. Exit the program

6. Ran program RSMODFDG and renegrate all the screens for STCD1

Now when I testing, in any transaction, the system actually does some validation, but definitively not from my field exit.

So, or a) the field exit is not active or b) there is another FM for this field.

How can I check this?

Regards, Mauro.

0 Kudos

Hi Blanc

Run the program RSMODPRF without any parameter. it will show you the list of all the field exits. and also it will show whether its activated or not.

for confirmation you can write code to download the dynpread value table in your presentation server.

Best Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you include the enhancement in the a Project? if so call the tcode CMOD and jump to the enhancement components and check if there is a GREEN light before the exit. If it is so, the exit is active. If it is RED its no active and activate it from here.