Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: table maintenace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam going to implement tablemaintenace for some tables. But it is asking for some authorization group.

what is that authorization group. What i have to fill into that. And next what i have to do.

rgds

p.kp

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the place of authorization gruop ,you need to provode the authoriazation object. this is only require when you looking for restricting the access.

Otherwise keep it blank.

use following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/cf/21ed2d446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

If your organization has standards around security, then follow them. Typically you can control access to the tables at an authorization group level. Suppose you have 10 tables that can be grouped together for some functionality and you want to control access to that set, then you will define one authorization group and assign it to all those 10 tables. That way you can collectively control who can insert/update/delete records of those tables.

Authorization group is not same as authorization object.

If you don't have any rules or don't know, you can always use the "No authorization group" or "&NA&"(I don't remember the exact value, but you can easily find out from drop down list)

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The authorization group enables you protect access to certain objects.

In order to carry out a specific activity, the user must have authorization for the combination of the activity and the authorization group.

If you are not sure of any authorization group then you can give &NC&(w/o auth. group)

cheers,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Authorization group restricts the users to maintain the table.This means access to maintain is given to the specific users only.

If you want ever one to have just give &NC&.If you want only specific user create a authoriazon group and assign to the profile of the user.

0 Kudos

What was the solution? Looks like you marked this as answered but didn't reward anyone or didn't publish your solution.

Srinivas