Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Posting OUTBOUND idocs

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello IDOC gurus,

I am creating OUTBOUND idocs in the background using function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE. My question is will this function module process the idoc or do I have to run program RSEOUT00 as a batch job to process the idoc. If this is the case how do I monitor error messages. I need to get them into the application log which I can do if FM MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE. will do the job.

Please advise

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello shital,

Thanks for that.....however one question...BD87 is a transaction which will enable me to post any IDOCS which have failed,right .....but this is not what I want......my question is is there any way that IDOC failures generated after RSEOUT00 has run can get into the error application log...would I have to create another program to run after RSEOUT00 to read the failed IDOCS and get them into the error application log because the client does not want to go and search for failed IDOCS outside of the application log.

regards

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating OUTBOUND idocs in the background using function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE. My question is will this function module process the idoc or do I have to run program RSEOUT00 as a batch job to process the idoc.

Yes, You will have to run RSEOUT00 as periodic job

If this is the case how do I monitor error messages. I need to get them into the application log which I can do if FM MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE. will do the job.

BD87

former_member852447
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello shital,

Thanks for that.....however one question...BD87 is a transaction which will enable me to post any IDOCS which have failed,right .....but this is not what I want......my question is is there any way that IDOC failures generated after RSEOUT00 has run can get into the error application log...would I have to create another program to run after RSEOUT00 to read the failed IDOCS and get them into the error application log because the client does not want to go and search for failed IDOCS outside of the application log.

regards

0 Kudos

Check [Uwe's|] response.

Hope this helps.