Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IDOC implementation for Load Tender Notifications (EDI 204) - Outbound

0 Kudos

Dear Members,

We started work on automating sending/receiving the Carrier Related documents from SAP at out end through EDI ( SAP 4.6C version).

Here's my requirement :

Load Tender : EDI 204 ( Development - Outbound process)

I hope that for EDI 204, we can use SAP IDOC - SHPMNT01. Could someone please guide me on whether my understanding is correct and which SAP IDOCS to use for these EDI doc?

Thanks,

Vass

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Based on the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 format, the 204 can be used to allow shippers and other interested parties to offer (tender) a shipment to a full load (truckload) motor carrier that includes detailed scheduling, equipment requirements, commodities, and shipping instructions pertinent to a load tender. It is not to be used to provide a motor carrier with data relative to a Less-than-Truckload Bill of Lading, pick-up notification, or manifest.

Regards,

Bharani

1 REPLY 1

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Based on the Accredited Standards Committee (ASC) X12 format, the 204 can be used to allow shippers and other interested parties to offer (tender) a shipment to a full load (truckload) motor carrier that includes detailed scheduling, equipment requirements, commodities, and shipping instructions pertinent to a load tender. It is not to be used to provide a motor carrier with data relative to a Less-than-Truckload Bill of Lading, pick-up notification, or manifest.

Regards,

Bharani