Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBDMIDOC: send single data record per idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey experts,

i can't find any option (e.g. Partner Profile etc.) to force change pointer report RBDMIDOC to create for each data record (person) a single IDOC like "number of objects per process" in report RHALEINI. The option "bsize" in table T77S0 seems to be global...

Is it maybe an alternative to send the idocs immediately?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Marc

4 REPLIES 4

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RBDMIDOC creates the IDocs, so 'send immediately' would do nothing to change this. I'm not aware of any option to "split" the IDocs, sorry. Is this a legal requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer!

As of today we have the requirement on CRM system (y-report) to have only a single record per idoc. With RHALEINI (initial load) this works without any further problem but today we cant provide the processing of the change pointer (and as far as i know RBDMIDOC is the only solution).

It is possible to change this on CRM side but only with much effort - so i'd like to know if there is any other option.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it was some standard process in SAP CRM then you would have a valid case to enter an incident with SAP Support, but in this case I'm afraid it is what it is. You could try running RBDMIDOC more frequently, but it's not a fool-proof solution.

On the other hand - if SAP puts all the data in one IDoc then it must be related, so why does the other side require separate IDocs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't see any advantages if there are more than one data record per IDOC. The only thing i can see is a more complex architecture/error handling and so on...and i can't see any reason why the report RHALEINI can set the "number of objects per process" and RBDMIDOC can't set this option or as an alternative read the package size from the outbound partner profile.

Thank you for you answer!