Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This IDoc data record cannot be edited - field is too long" - Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

When I try to edit the E1BPEXTC segment of Idoc type ACC_GL_POSTING01 in WE02, it throws me an error saying "This IDoc data record cannot be edited - field is too long". Has anyone come across this Issue before. I am on ECC 6.0.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make a copy of the IDoc in WE05 or WE19, edit it and then you can reprocess it with BD87.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: I found OSS note 1148717 which I think has the explanation and the fix. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can make a copy of the IDoc in WE05 or WE19, edit it and then you can reprocess it with BD87.

P561888
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If you r trying to edit the segment which is having all field values we can't edit that one.

ex. we have 10 fields in the Z1EXP segment , and idoc is created at that segment is having the 10 out of 10 in that case we can't edit the segment.

If any one of the field is not having value at that time we can edit.

Regards,

Bharani

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Note does not solve the Issue. It just talks about the limitation of WE02/05.

Thank you for your replies, but I cannot use WE19 in production and also it will create a new idoc.

The note says that you can edit the segment using screen input, but you can using an individual program. Is there any standard program that edits the Idoc. I know I can create a custom program using FM's but want to keep it as a last option.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think there is no Facility for us . In production we can change the status of the idoc but we can not edit it.

Regards,

Bharani