Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question related to transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks,

I have changed my ABAP print program and I need to transport that changes and right now I am in my development class.

when I am running the transport request I do not find it.

How to get that ?

thanks

Santhosh

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also everytime I change the program how to transport these changes?

thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh!

Sounds like you have your program created in temporary development class ($tmp).

Transports are only possible, if objects belong to 'normal' development classes (or packages in 4.7). Then transport requests are mandantory, you will be asked while saving.

Go into your program (se38), goto->attributes. Here you see dev. class (/package). Check, if this is $tmp. Change to something with Z*, if necessary.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

I have already done that. But unknowingly I deleted the program while using the 'transport request' in se10. Interesting thing is I am making changes to the progam in the normal development class using 'se38' and while I run the transport request I do not find the program.

what to do?

Thanks

Santhosh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you be more specific in your statements. What do you mean by normal development class . Is it $TMP. Also what do you men by "I run the transport request I do not find the program. "

regards

Aveek

0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the above said way to assign transport requests to the program and Form.

And more over, once you assign a request to the program, the changes you make after this will be there in the transport request.

You need to assign another transport request only if the previous transport request is released.

hope i answered ur Qn. Please get back to me if not.

Thanks

Vamsi

0 Kudos

I got it, I did assign the transport request to the program and released it, Now there are some errors I have to fix it, so I have to assign a new number to the request.

everytime I check the program now, it is taking me to the transportable request box and i am unable to change the transport number in the box.

How to do it?

Santhosh

0 Kudos

From your other post, you asked how to make your objects transportable, I assume that you succeeded in doing that. Have you released that transport yet? If not, any changes that you make to the program, will be tied to that transport. If you release that transport and then change the program again, the system will ask for another transport request.

If you have deleted the program off of the transport request, just try changing it again, it will then ask for another transport request.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

You must delete the object from the transport, then go back in and change it again, then assign it to the other transport. I believe that you can also do some moving of objects via the "Tools" section of SE10.

Regards,

Rich Heilman