Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on IDOC_INPUT_SHPMNT Function Module.

former_member297642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any body tell whether the Function Module

'IDOC_INPUT_SHPMNT' can be used to update in shipment document.

I am getting Idoc from Legacy system and using this, need to update some fields in the shipment document.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Ranjith.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it can be used to modify an existing shipment. U need to populate the correct qualifier in the segment E1EDT18.

Qualifier values

ORI Original message (outbound)

CHA Change message (outbound)

PID Specification of a primary identification field in parameter

-Kiran

*Pls reward useful answers

Message was edited by: Kiran Raorane

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it can be used to modify an existing shipment. U need to populate the correct qualifier in the segment E1EDT18.

Qualifier values

ORI Original message (outbound)

CHA Change message (outbound)

PID Specification of a primary identification field in parameter

-Kiran

*Pls reward useful answers

Message was edited by: Kiran Raorane

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for the Reply.

In my Interface, I am using the segment E1EDT10 & E1EDT45.

where exactly I need to write the code to update the fields in to Shipment document.(I mean into VTTK and VTTS tables).

Ranjith.

0 Kudos

Hey,

The function 'IDOC_INPUT_SHPMNT' has the logic to update the shipment document. You do not need to write any code. You just need to populate the data you want to update in the appropriate segments of the IDoc.

What fields in the shipment are you trying to update?

E1EDT10 & E1EDT45 have qualifers. Make sure you are selecting the proper qualifiers. U need to provide these details to the middleware team so that they can populate the correct values.

-Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The below fields I need to update into the Shipment document.

External identification 1(VTTK-EXTI1),Actual date for start of shipment stage(VTTS-DATBG),Actual shipment start time of stage(VTTS-UATBG),Actual date for start of shipment(VTTK-DATBG),Actual shipment start time(VTTK-UATBG),Actual date for end of shipment stage(VTTS-DATEN),Actual shipment end time of stage(VTTS-UATEN),Actual date for end of shipment(VTTK-DATEN),Actual time for end of shipment(VTTK-UATEN),Actual Date of Check-in(VTTK-DAREG),Actual Time of Check-in(VTTK-UAREG)

And one more thing I need to clarify...

I need to use SHPMNT Message type right.What <b>'process code'</b> to use for this SHIPMNT05 Idoc.

Thanks,

Ranjith

0 Kudos

Hey,

As I mentioned earlier u need to find the fields in the IDoc which map to the fields u have mentioned in the post.

See the documentation of the basic type using transaction WE60. This will help u in mapping.

The inbound process code to be used is SHPM

-Kiran

*Please reward useful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Once again thanks for providing valuable info.

I already mapped fields with segements E1EDT10 & E1EDT45 fields.

So can plz. breifly explain the complete procedure to update into tables. I mean, How I can proceed ??

Thanks,

Ranjith.

0 Kudos

Hey,

If you have already mapped the fields u can adjust the mapping using the exit EXIT_SAPLV55K_020. This is really a crude way of manipulating the data and I wud strongly recommend to find the correct fields and readjust your mapping.

-Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm interested in this topic.

I tried every thing in order to update the loading date and time but I couldn't manage to do IT.

Do you have any tips for me

former_member297642
Participant
0 Kudos

Closed.