Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Task Code Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am trying to write a report that needs to get the texst for nonconformance task codes- the text description for MNCOD found in table QMSM for example. As far as my research has gotten me, I believe I may need a FM to accomplish this. Does anyone know of one that accesses this value? I also believe it is of TYPE QCODETEXT. I have not found anything online that references this in any way with a method of retrieving it. If there is an easier way that would be nice too! Also, some details about the necessary parameters for retrieving this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Zack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use the where-used tools available in SE11, you will see that the domain for data element MNCOD is QCODE, for which table QPCD is the value list.  From reviewing where this table is used in views you will see that the text table for this is probably QPCT.  If you use where-used command for table QPCD-CODE you will find a list of potential function modules, which you can review to see if there is one that does what you need.  Personally, I would probably read the help view or something, perhaps view V_QPCD_F4, to get to the code and the descriptor.

One must utilize the data dictionary.  It's usually relatively easy to find the associations with the where-used tool and a little knowledge of how SAP builds and stores data (for instance, there is usually a view that shows both the code and the description of that code in SAP tables usage).

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use the where-used tools available in SE11, you will see that the domain for data element MNCOD is QCODE, for which table QPCD is the value list.  From reviewing where this table is used in views you will see that the text table for this is probably QPCT.  If you use where-used command for table QPCD-CODE you will find a list of potential function modules, which you can review to see if there is one that does what you need.  Personally, I would probably read the help view or something, perhaps view V_QPCD_F4, to get to the code and the descriptor.

One must utilize the data dictionary.  It's usually relatively easy to find the associations with the where-used tool and a little knowledge of how SAP builds and stores data (for instance, there is usually a view that shows both the code and the description of that code in SAP tables usage).

0 Kudos

Thanks for the help. I have only been developing in ABAP for a few months and have not yet gotten used to the where used function, but it is good to hear your steps for using it. It gives me a better understanding as to how to use it to navigate within the data dictionary.