Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy inbound message INPUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

i am new with ABAP proxy and only have some theoretical knowledge about ABAP object oriented programmering so:

i have been told to inplement code in a method of a generated proxy class to deal with material data sent to SAP from an external agent. i know what i have to do with the data, i mean, i am gonna update material master using a BAPI and i know that the data is in the INPUT parameter of the method, i can see the method where i have to write code, and i can see the structure of that INPUT and identify the fields i need, but, how can i reference the parameter in the method, its fields, how do i read that data?? surely is a very stupid cuestion once one knows about proxy and methods and so but by know...

Thanks a lot for any help.

Edited by: Javier Casillas on Feb 7, 2008 6:38 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The input and output parameters are structures

you can refer it just like a workarea

Data: vl_matnr type mara-matnr.

*Reading
vl_matnr = input-matnr.

*Writing
output-matnr = vl_matnr.

if your mapping on XI have a deep structure, the workarea of input and output parameters will have the same deep

vl_matnr = input-material-matnr.

input-material-matnr = vl_matnr

Darley

4 REPLIES 4

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If an input parameter is call i_data and has structure struc, then i_data is available in your method as a variable with structure struc.

It's there. You use it. It's defined for you.

Or does the difficulty lie elsewhere?

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

The input and output parameters are structures

you can refer it just like a workarea

Data: vl_matnr type mara-matnr.

*Reading
vl_matnr = input-matnr.

*Writing
output-matnr = vl_matnr.

if your mapping on XI have a deep structure, the workarea of input and output parameters will have the same deep

vl_matnr = input-material-matnr.

input-material-matnr = vl_matnr

Darley

0 Kudos

First of all, thank you Matthew and Darley.

what i was asking is what Darley explains. I understand that the question was actualy too silly or obvious maybe, but it is clear that i havent understand yet how this classes work. So now i have an idea of how to "see" a field of the input structure. but i am not still able to "loop" at data, the materials, and take out the information. i receive this collection of materials from XI:

<ARTICLE_INFO VERSION="1.0">

- <DEF_ARTICLE ID="1002423" ACTION="SYNC">

<MCLASS>533000</MCLASS>

<MSORT>473760</MSORT>

<REGLANG>SWE</REGLANG>

<NAME LANG="SWE">KUGGKRANS</NAME>

<STD_MANUF_FLAG>M</STD_MANUF_FLAG>

<MANUF>KUPPLUNGSTECHNIK</MANUF>

<REF LANG="SWE">ROTEX 42-55</REF>

<SUPPLEMENT LANG="SWE">92 SHORE GUL</SUPPLEMENT>

</DEF_ARTICLE>

- <DEF_ARTICLE ID="1002818" ACTION="SYNC">

<MCLASS>641000</MCLASS>

<MSORT>230416</MSORT>

<REGLANG>SWE</REGLANG>

<NAME LANG="SWE">TONERKASSETT</NAME>

<STD_MANUF_FLAG>M</STD_MANUF_FLAG>

<MANUF>HEWLETT-PACKARD</MANUF>

<REF LANG="SWE">Q6470A</REF>

<SUPPLEMENT LANG="SWE">SVART CLJ 3600/3800</SUPPLEMENT>

And this is the same structure i see in the INPUT parameter of the method. So imagine that i want to pick every material number i receive and take some data from then. to loop through the materials i thought i could do something like:

loop at input-article_info-def_article.

w_matnr = input-article_info-def_article-ID.

w_spras = input-article_info-name-lang.

w_matkx = input-article_info-name.

endloop.

But first, in OO i have to do de loop with a "INTO" or "ASSING" addition. i tried to do:

data: wa_def_article like ZMI_SKC_ARTICLES_DEF_ARTICLE.

(this is the line type of the proxy type for def_article)

and then: LOOP AT input-article_info-def_article INTO wa_def_article.

but it doesnt work becouse the right side of the input must be a "flat structure". what does it mean?

and then, i am not sure either if the way i am assigning the material number or the language, for example, are correct.

i guess i am doing it much more confussing that it really is because my ignorance of ABAP classes and proxy.

but thank you for your time and help!

Javier

Edited by: Javier Casillas on Feb 8, 2008 1:29 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'd guess that you've not actually defined wa_def_article. It's difficult to tell without knowing the definition of ZMI_SKC_ARTICLES_DEF_ARTICLE.

Try:

DATA: wa_def_article LIKE LINE OF input-article_info-def_article. 
LOOP AT input-article_info-def_article INTO wa_def_article.

matt