Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and Cons of using different uploads in LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to prepare a document, which specifies the pros and cons of migration using LSMW by different methods for a specific upload, where all the below options are available.

1) Batch Input

2) Direct Input

3) Idocs

4) BAPI

If anyone has prepared any document, can you pls send to me at write2ananth@gmail.com or give me some pointers.

Thanks in advance,

Ananth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

check first, if you really have <i>different</i> options.

Often Idocs are just a frame and calling BAPIs, which themselves might do a direct input...

Just batch input is simulation whole transaction - with dynpro handling. So rest should be faster and provides different error handling.

Regards,

Christian

3 REPLIES 3

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

check first, if you really have <i>different</i> options.

Often Idocs are just a frame and calling BAPIs, which themselves might do a direct input...

Just batch input is simulation whole transaction - with dynpro handling. So rest should be faster and provides different error handling.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

i have sent a document for the different LSMW methods.

Hope that is helpful to you.

Regards,

Kathirvel

0 Kudos

Hi Kathirvel,

I need to upload data into SAP using LSMW. I also need the document you sent to Anand. <b>Please</b> send it to me either at nsingla@csc.com or navdeep_singla@rediffmail.com.It will be a great help.

One more thing Kathirvel, Can you help me find out how to Map flat legacy files to Hierarchical structures of SAP objects.(Flat file is having header record and list items).

If you need more information please ask.

Thanks a lot,

Navdeep