Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project transport requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,\

I am having a problem, when i try to create a new program , i am prompted for a transport request, but apparently when i try to create a new request, it does nt come up with request number, but i realise that i have to assign me request to a project, when i try to assign my request to a project, it gives me a authorization error, cud someone guide what does project mean in transport requests and how can i create my own and y cant i chose an existing one???

thanks,

Gaurav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means you dont have authorisation to develop programs, ask the basis people, they will provide you with authorisation, than you can create your own requests.

Thnaks,

Anitha

7 REPLIES 7

former_member189059
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Save your program as a Local Object or put $tmp as the package name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means you dont have authorisation to develop programs, ask the basis people, they will provide you with authorisation, than you can create your own requests.

Thnaks,

Anitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Any report program would require a transport request if u want this program to be moved to quality or production servers.So u need to first create a request in se01 transaction and create a subtask..if u donot have authorisation u need to contact the basis team.Else if this program is just sample testing program ,you save this

to &tmp work package and save it local.

Regards,

Reema

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All program needs transport request to move from one system to other.

Check with the basis team they will provide you the Authorizations.

Reward to all useful efforts.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

i think i dint make my point clear, my point is a transport request is nt being created when i do create my own requests, but it asks me for a project!!!

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Try this:

Go to Tcode - SE09. Here go for create a new change request. Select 'Workbench Request' Radiobutton. Now provide the Description. If the Project filed is mandatory then you need to provide it. Basis consultants can provide the project name. If you are not able to create the Change request here then you need to take help of Basis people. Or if the Change request is being created ou can use it for your program.

Reward points if helpful answer.

Ashvender

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your help