Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program State

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to store a customized program state. For example I want to store the date and time of last execution of the program. What is the best way to do it.

a. Create a TVARV entry, store it there, and update it when needed using update command in ABAP

b. Create new customized table instead.

Thanks,

sid

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u can get the last changed or executed details from transaction STAD.

6 REPLIES 6

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u can get the last changed or executed details from transaction STAD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautham,

Thanks for ur reply. My program is an RFC-enabled function module which will be called by windows. Can STAD accomodate function module too. If so, how can i programmatically do just that?

Thanks,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look for information about FBGENDAT - it might be useful in the short term with your function module but don't think it will be a long term solution...

What exactly are you trying to achieve capturing calls to your RFC?

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

I have to get all PO's created since i last called the function module.

But what is FBGENDAT. How is that? Could you please elaborate.

Thanks,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case I'd recommend creating a custom Z table where you can store the date, time, user, etc... every time the RFC is called. You could then just select all PO's from EKKO based on your date and time and then update your custom table each time.

FBGENDAT is SAP functionality that captures the parameters passed to a function module and creates a test variant against that module in SE37 - it helps diagnose problems with RFC's from external systems where it is hard to debug the call. Do a search as there is more info about it on here. It's not actually applicable to your problem though to be honest.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i'll do just that. Thanks guys.