Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing some records from internal table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My internal table contains material in lakhs.After fetching the record from database table MARA,i process each material to find out its characteristics.As there are too much records it is taking time, resulting in time out error abap dump. If i want to process first 5000 material then remaining 5000 and so on...what logic should i apply?or can there be any alternative solution?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilam,

You can increase the abap dump time.

Thanks

leelakrishna.

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my suggestions.

1>Have a parameter field in the selection screen for "NO OF records"...so while retrieving data from mara you can select upto the <No of records> specified in the selection screen.

2>Specify the materials in the selection screen to get lless records.

3>Run the report in background and check the output.

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also check if the read statement has BInary Serach.

By Adding this it will improve performance.

Read statement will occupy lots of time to read the records.

Sort the Internal table with some key field and the use Binary Search for an internal table.

Ex :

SORT T_PRGEN by ATTR20A.

READ TABLE T_V_TCAV201 INTO WA_V_TCAV201 WITH KEY ATTRV20 = WA_PRGEN-ATTR20A BINARY SEARCH.

This should fix the issue.

Regards,

Kittu

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Nilam,

I think if you want to process the Materials in batches of 5000, you need to make use of PACKAGE SIZE concept.

Search in SDN for further details, this type of req. has been discussed many a times before.

BR,

Suhas