Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Z-Report using BAPI_COSTACTPLN_READPRIMCOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I've written an own Z-Report for getting information about planning costs (primary costs) in our projects / PSP-elements.

For getting the planning costs I use function module BAPI_COSTACTPLN_READPRIMCOST.

When I call our Z-Report with SAP ALL authority I got no problems getting the data.

But when I try with some user of our operating department the function module does not give any values.

While debugging funcition module BAPI_COSTACTPLN_READPRIMCOST first I got the error message SF616 "Object Zxxxx (name of z-report) of class RE and language EN does not exist" which is already confusing, because I never did any documentation (neither German nor English) to Z-reports and never got any problems. So I went to SE61 and created some dummy documentation which solved the problem. But after that I now get error message 0K017 "No layout found". Now I'm trying to solve this but did not get the solution yet.

Anyway I do not understand why I get this messages when calling BAPI_COSTACTPLN_READPRIMCOST with some operating user. Can anyone help please?

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

Michael Boguth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Try to trace execution with a tool like SAT (or SE30) to find where the z-report is called (Customer Exit, BAdI, Enhancement)
  • Also if the report performs well with authorization profile SAP_ALL, use SU53 after testing with another used id

Regards,

Raymond

4 REPLIES 4

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Try to trace execution with a tool like SAT (or SE30) to find where the z-report is called (Customer Exit, BAdI, Enhancement)
  • Also if the report performs well with authorization profile SAP_ALL, use SU53 after testing with another used id

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hello Raymond,

thanks for the fast answer. I'm not sure if I understand it correctly.

I already know the coding of the Z-Report, because I written it by my own. The report creates an ALV grid listing all PSP-Elements with their planning costs.

After data selection from table PRPS I'm calling function module BAPI_COSTACTPLN_READPRIMCOST to get the planning costs for every PSP-Element. But in Return Table of the function module I'm getting these error messages for every cost element and none of the costs could be read.

But SU53 was a good reminder. I was looking for it with the user of our operating department and got problems with object C_PRPS_KST, fields PS_FKOKR and PS_FKSTL because SAP authority check needed blank value '  '. Although we inputed the correct existing values for the fields PS_FKOKR and PS_FKSTL, SAP needed explicitly the value '  '. So we inputed it and now everyhing works fine. So thanks a lot 🙂

Anyway, any idea why these confusing messages came up in the function module?

Kind Regards,

Michael Boguth

0 Kudos

For the SE30 or SAT execution, I suspected some kind of enhancement which would call the undesirable report (or display its documentation ?)

The check for space reminded me of an old OSS Note 491335 - WBS: Authorizatn 'SPACE' for profit center possibly uncheckd (46c), could be a kind of legacy of this old note, so I would suggest you look for SAP notes for your current system level.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hm looks like the OSS note has something to to with value space in security check. Althouth we got SAP release 6.04. But with value '  ' it works, so it is okay. Thanks a lot 😉