Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with smartform number of copies printed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have developed a smartform for printing the labels for shipment,  the problem now is , I want to get the number of copies to be printed as the same of number of messages.

How can I acheive that , please suggest  is it some thing I need to addd some thing standard.

Thanks,

RG

10 REPLIES 10

former_member195431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

Can you please elaborate your requirement. Number of copies can be controlled via driver program.

Eg: -

job_output_options-tdcopies   = nast-anzal.

Is your requirement to have dynamic number of copies??

Thanks

Rajit

0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

My requirement is when I output shiment label and enter number of messages as 2  or 3 or 4 the number of copies should be taken as the value given at the number of copies.

I had passed nast-anzal to job_output_options-tdcopies but strangely nast-anzal contains 1 by deafult even though we changed the value to 2 or 3 ..

plaese suggest.

Thanks,

RG

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you post the screen shot where youre passing and the point where youre debugging.

0 Kudos

Yes my requirement is to have dynamic number of copies based on the entry given at the number of messages.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your replies , i had gone through the post already . please find below screen shot.

At the above screenshot when the number of messages is entered as 6 the no of copies should be defaulted as 6 .

I already used code  output_options- tdcopies = nast-anzal.

But its not getting dfefaulted.

Please suggest

RG

0 Kudos

Hi,

First try hard coding no of copies in  TDCOPIES to check whether your form printing number of copies or not.

OUTPUT_OPTIONS-TDCOPIES = '6'.

So that your will know what exactly the issue is.

Regards,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

yes I tried printing the same by passing td copies and it is printing no of copies to 6 .

The problem is when we enter no of messages as 6 ( nast-anzal) the nast-anzal is not updated to 6 it still shows as 1 . but the no of messages  ( nast-anzal ) is  value given at run time and it is not getting updated in NAST.

Thanks,

RG

former_member185537
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let us know how youre invoking the output. Which tcode in use

0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your reply.

I had solved it myself, the transaction I am using is VT03N for printing shipments . and the problem is when the shipment is Outputted to screen it shows incorrect number of copies when the O/P is outputted to printer its printing correctly.

Thanks,

RG