Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Confirmation" changes in PO using ORDRSP Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue when changing "Confirmations" tab in PO.

I configured Output Message Z001 that should be determined when I change values in that tab. That scenario is working fine, but the real change will be done by ORDRSP Idoc. Using that Idoc, change is done in the PO but no output message is determined (condition records are fine). I need to send a Custom Idoc once that change is done so I need to determine the output message.

I searched for an OSS note, as it should work using Idoc process, but I didn't found anything. Does anyone know if it exist?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

David.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In WE20, under outbound parameters for the partner/message type, make sure that you've checked 'Change message' checkbox for the message type (Message control tab).

Also in PTP there is a transaction where you can maintain the list of fields that are considered "changes". It's somewhere in SPRO, right under the Purchase Order output configuration.

And I'm not sure about ORDRSP, but I know for sure that ORDERS may be used to send out initial information, but for changes we have to use ORDCHG. Maybe there is something like that...

7 REPLIES 7

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In WE20, under outbound parameters for the partner/message type, make sure that you've checked 'Change message' checkbox for the message type (Message control tab).

Also in PTP there is a transaction where you can maintain the list of fields that are considered "changes". It's somewhere in SPRO, right under the Purchase Order output configuration.

And I'm not sure about ORDRSP, but I know for sure that ORDERS may be used to send out initial information, but for changes we have to use ORDCHG. Maybe there is something like that...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Jelena,

The main problem here is that all the flow works fine if I execute if manually:

Change in "Confirmations" tab is done --> output message Z001 is generated --> Custom Idoc Z is created.

Therefore, WE20 is correctly configured and also all the required fields that can be changed in "Confirmations" section.

The problem is that real scenario should modify that values using ORDRSP inbound Idoc (ORDERS05). That Idoc is changing the PO, but that change is not triggering any output message (although the same change did it manually), so custom Idoc Z is not created.

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well in my previous message.

Thanks & Regards,

David.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me get this straight. You're saying that when you update a PO manually, the changes are triggering the output message. But when you update a PO using the IDoc, the changes are not triggering the output?

If it's so, then it looks like the IDoc is not updating the change documents (CDHDR/CDPOS) or some other table where the changes are tracked. You might want to try running the SQL trace (ST05) for both manual and IDoc process and see what updates are taking place (or not).

Since it's a standard IDoc, you might need to send a message to SAP about that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Tables CDHDR and CDPOS are updated at the end of the execution. I have already create an OSS note to SAP, I am waiting for the answer....

If the answer doesn't solve the problem, I will continue investigating.

Thanks for your comments...

Regards,

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to solve this?

Regrads,

Marcus

martin_adam3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

For future searches related to this topic, check KBA (current solution is modification):

1883290 - How to trigger an ORDCHG Idoc output during confirmation process via EDI ORDRSP?