Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Maintenance View

former_member212705
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a maintenance view on two table EKKO and EKPO. All the key fields are included properly in the view fields, EBELN from EKKO and EBELP from EKPO. But now when i maintain this view via Transaction SM30 data is getting saved only in table EKKO or say only in header table. It is not reflecting in Item table. Will a maintenance view really allow me to enter data into two tables simultaneously? If yes then why i am not able to save data into Item table. I have searched forum but did not get proper answer.

Please help me .

Regards,

Ashish Trivedi

3 REPLIES 3

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never create a maintenance view on standard database tables, those must be maintained with SAP approved tools like BAPI, BDC or direct input.

(Were those tables customer tables, you could have considered building of a view cluster (*) maintenance executed via SM34,. I hope you wrote EKKO/EKPO as a sample for header and item tables)

Regards,

Raymond

(*) Create a View Cluster

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

That means Maintenance view should be used only with Ztables ??

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

Yes, else using Note 7 - Error caused by customer modification/development SAP can consider this to be a "modification of the SAP standard system", so you will lose help of complimentary Customer Support and ask you for remote consulting services ($)

You could also read discussion Modifying SAP Tables directly.

Regards,

Raymond