Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem related to Customised IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing one problem related to customised IDOC.

Currently we are Upgrading SAP from 4.6 C to ECC 6.0. The development ECC6.0 system has been copied from SAP 4.6C development system. When I try to modify the customized IDOC segment fields in ECC 6.0 development system , it is not allowing me to modify it. I tried to cancel the release of basic IDOC type & segment type but It gives me the message that IDOC has already been release in SAP4.6C system.

I have tried everthing to modify the customized IDOC such as Cancel release & Set Release but unable to change it.

Can any body suggest how to modify the customized IDOC segment as I am not

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat Ranjan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot cancel the release of custom IDoc segments after any upgrade. After upgrade all custom IDoc segments in older release will act like standard IDoc segments in new release. You will have to customize them like standard SAP segments now.

Just follow to steps to create custom segments from standard SAP segments.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot cancel the release of custom IDoc segments after any upgrade. After upgrade all custom IDoc segments in older release will act like standard IDoc segments in new release. You will have to customize them like standard SAP segments now.

Just follow to steps to create custom segments from standard SAP segments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

<b>My problem is still not resolved.</b>

Currently we are Upgrading the SAP from 4.6 C to ECC6.0.We have few customised IDOCs in which we have to use the new FKBER data element whose length is changed from 04(SAP 4.6 C) to 16 in the ECC 6.0.When ever we try to cancel the release of customised IDOC in the ECC6.0 environment it gives the message : <b>The release of the basis types cannot be reset</b>. We are not able to do cancel release of IDOCs and due to which unable to do modification in the segment of IDOC for FKBER.

Has anybody faced this problem in any of the SAP Upgrade project.

Request you to provide some soloution for the problem as <b>how to do modification in the customized IDOCs of Upgraded system.</b>

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can anybody provide the solution to my problem.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat