Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem of using CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSN_INPUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

i use 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSN_INPUT' to convert project code from external to internal format in a RFC called from a web.

but when the user input the wrong format project code in the web screen,the 'CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSN_INPUT' got dump,how can i avoid this?

5 REPLIES 5

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you migjht get a better answer if you gave the dump exception or an example of a value that causes the dump. If it is a format issue though, can't you trap that error in your RFC code before calling the conversion exit and return the error message to the caller?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry,it isnt' a dump ,it cause a 'E' type messge,which occurs in the CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSN_INPUT,it will stops the RFC excution.my question is:how can i konw the project code user input from the web is wrong format? if i know ,then i will not using CONVERSION_EXIT_ABPSN_INPUT to convert it

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't without performing the same checks that the conversion exit does when it calls CONVERSION_EXIT_PROJN_INPUT. However, you can stop the error message and trap it by adding the ERROR_MESSAGE exception to your function call and then return a 'softer' message in your RFC interface:

EXCEPTIONS
              ERROR_MESSAGE = 1.

0 Kudos

Ignore

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In include LCNJPNFOB, source code line 353.

The message id raised if the condition

IF ( NOT flg_wildc IS INITIAL AND maske(1) CO con_plusstar ) is not satisfied.

Hope you can check it now.