Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in transporting contents of a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to transport the contents of a table from development server to quality server.

I used transaction SE16 and clicked on display entries. It gave a menu called transport entries where it gave a prompt for a workbench request. I created the workbench request for the table entries.

When I was transporting the request, I checked the task under the request. The request was in the modifiable task. It contained the entry for table contents namely R3TR TABU TABLENAME . After I released the task, I found that this entry for table contents namely R3TR TABU TABLENAME disappeared. Please could someone tell me why this is happening.

Please could someone tell me if we should create a workbench request or a customizing request for transporting the contents of a table.

Apart fom SE16, which other method can we use to transport contents of a table ?

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

try using Customizing request and once you add the entries you can check within the TR itself whether all the records are attached to the TR or not

14 REPLIES 14

Sandeep_Kumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

try using Customizing request and once you add the entries you can check within the TR itself whether all the records are attached to the TR or not

0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

When I click on SE16 , give the table name and click on display table entries, I can see all the entries of the table.

In the menu, when I click on transport entries, it gives me a prompt for a workbench request and not a customizing request.

When I created the request using SE10 transaction, I selected the customzing request option and it created a customizing request .

In the modifiable state, the customizing request contains the table contents. When I release the task under the customizing request, the table contents entries are deleted from the request. Please could you help me out with this.

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

0 Kudos

Hi,

What i menat by customizing request is to transport entries using view/user menu .

In your case use workbench only , once donen with adding entries to TR , go inside the task and click on the function button and see whether the entries are really there or not.

Rgds,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

do like this....

create table maintanance for the customized table....

go to SE11...in the menu click utilities..and select table maintanance generator...

give authorization group name...

function groupm name

and select this radio butoon....standard recording one....

and save it....

then go to sm30...

give the table name and click maintain...

select all the contents and in the menu bar..table view is there..in tat click transport...and again include in request ....go back and save it..then we transport the data also

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check if the delivery class of your table is type "C". This is what governs if the data of the table should be transported when transporting to differenct client. Now when you go to table maintenance it should store the contents in your customizing request.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh Venkatakrishnan,

I have a table which has 729 entries and the delivery content of my table is C. Now I want to transport all these 729 entries into the quality system.

The table does not have a table maintainance generator. So should I create a new table maintainance generator for this table for transporting the entries.

After creating the table maintainance generator, if I want to add a new entry and save this new entry, it will ask for a customizing request. When I check this customizing entry in se09 transaction, I find that in the table keys, only this new entry that has been added is shown. Please could you tell me if this customizing request is transported, will all the 729 entries of the table be transported or will only this new entry that has been added is transported to the quality system.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the se09,there is an option for that.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sushanth

If you want to transport table entries the R3TR TABU entry is not sufficient. It's like a business object without any items (e.g. a sales order without items has no meaning nor can it be saved).

In addition to the R3TR TABU entry you need to add at least a single KEY entry, e.g.:

100* => client-dependent table on client 100, transport all entries of this table
1001* => client-dependent table on client 100, transport all entries of this table beginning with 1 
*      => client-independent table, transport all entries

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uwe,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

One more doubt is I have a client independent table whose delivery content is table C. When I click on SE16 and click on display, I get all the entries of the table. Now if I click on transport entries at the top of the menu, it is asking me for a workbench request and not a customizing request. Please could you tell me the reason for the same.

So as per your reply, if I have 1001* specified in the keys tab of the request and if my table is client dependent , what does it actually mean ? .

Thank you once again for your help.

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

0 Kudos

Hello

There is a nice blog available about this task:

[Transport Table Entries|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/5456] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Client-independent table entries are treated like repository objects (most of which are client-independent, too). You need to transport them using a workbench request.

Scenario: client-dependent table on client 100

Key = 1001* means:

100 = client

1* = all entries beginning with 1 (e.g. 10, 11, 100, 101, ...)

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Dear Uwe,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am really grateful to you for clearing all the doubts in my mind.

One last doubt is still there in my mind. I changed the client independent table to a client dependent table by adding the MANDT field.

But even after doing so, when I clicked on SE16 and clicked on transport entries in the display menu of the table, it was asking me for a workbench request and not a customizing request. Please could you tell me the reason for the same.

As per my understanding, the transportable change request option which is mentioned in the blog specified by you is another option of transporting table entries in addition to customizing and workbench request.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

0 Kudos

Dear Uwe,

Please could you reply to my message posted above.

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.

0 Kudos

Hello Sushant

>But even after doing so, when I clicked on SE16 and clicked on transport entries in the display menu of the >table, it was asking me for a workbench request and not a customizing request. Please could you tell me >the reason for the same.

Based on this description your scenario looks like this:

You have a z-table (now client-dependent) and maintain this table using a maintenance or table view.

The only explanation I have for the behaviour of the system is that your client-dependent z-table has NOT delivery class = 'C' (Customizing) but probably 'A' (Application table instead).

That's ok because I usually do define z-tables having delivery class = 'A' even if the table contents is used for some kind of customizing.

Reason: I do no want to encounter all the restrictions for C-class tables in productive system.

However, if your z-table contains very sensitive data you may explicitly choose delivery class = 'C'.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Dear Uwe,

Thanks a lot for your help.

But I would like to inform you that the delivery class of my table is C and not A as mentioned by you. Inspite of that, why is it asking me for a workbench request.

It is a client - independent table. I added MANDT field to it and made it client - dependent . Inspite of doing so, it is still asking me for a workbench request.

You have been very kind in helping me understand the concepts. Hence I would like to award you full points for this question.

Regards,

Sushanth H.S.