Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in connecting from DBCO to Azure MS SQL Server

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i am trying to access an Azure SQL Service through DBCO. When i test the connection with program "ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION" i get the error:

sql error     40.515  occured:

Reference to database and/or server name in 'master.dbo.syscharsets' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.

In Azure we cant access anything under the master and i cant set the default user db to the one that i want. While i set the mssql_dbname to the database i want to connect in the connection string it seems it ignores it. Here is a sample of the string i use in dbco:

MSSQL_SERVER=XXXXXX.database.windows.net; MSSQL_DBNAME=YYYYY;

I have the latest MS SQL driver installed in SAP Server ( Database Shared Library (DBSL)  7.41 patch 218 & windows Microsoft ODBC
Driver 13 for SQL Server )

Any ideas would be helpfull.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

We finally found out the problem. So i post the solution in order to help anyone in the future how may encouter it. We set the azure db collations to default and then it stopped the error:

Reference to database and/or server name in 'master.dbo.syscharsets' is not supported in this version of SQL Server.

After that we encountered the error:

error     40.508  occured:

USE statement is not supported to switch between databases. Use a new
connection to connect to a different database.

Which we solved when we created the connection from DBACOPCKIT and not from DBCO.

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

We finally found out the problem. So i post the solution in order to help anyone in the future how may encouter it. We set the azure db collations to default and then it stopped the error:

After that we encountered the error:

error     40.508  occured:

USE statement is not supported to switch between databases. Use a new
connection to connect to a different database.

Which we solved when we created the connection from DBACOPCKIT and not from DBCO.