Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in Background Scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i try to shedule a job in SM36

job created but cancelled

it is saying

" printer specification is not allowed "

can any one pls tell me why i got this error...

i have given program name and variant name

Edited by: srinu vasu on Jun 9, 2008 12:39 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While scheduling the job using SM36, and you can go to the job wizard, and give the job name,class and the details of the program,

On one of the screens of the wizard, You have to specify the print paramters. There you need to give the default printer/printer of your choice and the outformat format(X_65_80 is default)...

Once you specify the print paramteres, you can release the job and then monitor from SM37

Reward if useful

Regards

Shiva

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While scheduling the job using SM36, and you can go to the job wizard, and give the job name,class and the details of the program,

On one of the screens of the wizard, You have to specify the print paramters. There you need to give the default printer/printer of your choice and the outformat format(X_65_80 is default)...

Once you specify the print paramteres, you can release the job and then monitor from SM37

Reward if useful

Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While execute a program in Background you have to choose the output type. If the printer is not configured

you have to configure the printer type by SPAD transaction code.

Thanks & Regards,

John Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

How you solved this issue ? Please share your points related to this ..

0 Kudos

the above procedure

According to the TIRUMALESH steps i followed .....