Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem facing to uploading long PO text through bdc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing Problem to uploading long PO text through bdc . My PO text is belong to 500 Characters but while i am uploading this through bdc it give me the message your text is longer than line.

the line takes 80 Character. So how i break the text that first 80 Character in first row and after that selection of second line then third and fourth.

Thanks,

Pankaj

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

You can split the text at 80 position using offsets and append it into your internal table and later you can use save_text function module to save the text.

Please let me know if you need further information

Satish Boguda

0 Kudos

Yes the function module mentioned by MAROZ will work..

Please try..

Regards

Satish Boguda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

FM RKD_WORD_WRAP

0 Kudos

Dear Maroz,

I am used this function module but it contains 3 output lines therefore i upload 210 characters but i have 500 Characters to upload

Thanks

0 Kudos

DEAR ALL,

Please any one solve my problem..........................

Thanks,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

We had a same requirement before and we ended up creating a custom include to split strings. Please let me know if u need the custom code.

Regards,

Nilesh.

0 Kudos

?? Your problem/question has been answered! I would not even consider creation of long texts via BDC...that's much too hard to try to do and likely to cause a formatting mess. Utilize the FM's mentioned to parse into 132 character strings and call FM SAVE_TEXT...

0 Kudos

Dear Nilesh,

YA , THANKS

0 Kudos

Did you check my previous post? It can be done through the FM mentioned. Please let me know in case you are facing any specific issue with the solution?

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this link.....

I faced the same problem. The text in a continuous string needed to to be updated to a text element using SAVE_TEXT. Used the FM HRIQ_GB_UCAS_TEXT_WRAP_AROUND to split the string into lines of 132 characters.