Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing barcode labels with SAP ECC 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We are ugrading to SAP ECC 5.0 and using Zebra Z4M printer to print barcode labels. We have not modified our forms but in testing in the new environment, one of our labels prints the message 'INVALID - S'. The data is our material number which is numeric and 11 digits in length. If the number begins with leading zeroes, eg. 00591343801, the INVALID-S message is printed instead of the barcode. If the number is regular, ex. 59111111002, the barcode prints ok. The barcode label prints fine in our current SAP 4.6.

Has anyone seen this problem ? I appreciate any ideas or solution to this .

Thanks.

Van

3 REPLIES 3

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Interesting, are you embedding the ZPLII printer code directly into your main window of the sapscript. this is how we do it. We don't use BarOne. Not sure what your problem is, but this is a fairly easy fix. I assume that your field is not define like a material number, otherwise the conversion should happen automatically. You can force the removal of the leading zeros by defining the field in the sapscript like this.

&formdata-material<b>(Z)&</b>

Or are the leading zeros absolutly needed?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response. The ZPL code works with SAP 4.6 but the same code is not working with ECC 5.0. I tried removing the leading zeroes using (Z) but it still doesn't work. The ZPL code is from an ITF file that we converted from a BAR-ONE file.

Here are the ZPL

BY5,3.0FO91,397A0N,86,76BCN,122,N,Y,N,DFRFN993^FS

FN993FHFD&LTAP-MATNR(Z)&FS

Does ECC 5.0 have some other requirement ?

Thanks.

Van

0 Kudos

Have you looked for updated printer drivers for the devices. You can check the devices in transaction SPAD.

Regards,

Rich Heilman