Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Subsequent Credit Using BAPI: BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE

0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to post subsequent credits using BAPI: BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE.

In MIRO transaction we get option to select transaction (Invoice/Credit Memo/Subsequent Debit/Subsequent Credit).

But in case of BAPI I am not able to find such field. At headerdata there is one field INVOIC_IND to determine whether the system posts a credit memo or an invoice.

How can we post Subsequent Credit using this BAPI?

Regards,

Umesh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think by giving INVOIC_IND as blank and DOC_TYPE ( document type ) of subsequent creadit memo (RA) you can create it.

rajkumar abbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

The field 'INVOICE_IND' at the header level is used to indicate wether the document to be posted is a 'INVOICE' or a 'CREDIT MEMO'. This field has nothing to do with subsequent credit/Debit.

In the 'ITEMDATA'(Structure 'BAPI_INCINV_CREATE_ITEM'), the field 'DE_CRE_IND' would indicate a Subsequent Debit/Credit. Populate the field as 'X' if a subsequent Credit/Debit is to be posted.

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi umesh,

If u want the mapping of the fields i can provide u.

Regards,

savitha

0 Kudos

Hi Savita,

Can you provide me mapping of the fields. I am getting lot of error messages in postin invoices . I think this is due ti imperfect mapping of fields. so can you please provide me that to Haricharan.dingari@hexionchem.com.

Regards,

Haricharan

0 Kudos

Hi,

For the BAPI below is the structure mapping.

<b>BAPI Structurename Field Value Value Description

Headerdata</b>

DOC_DATE 02/08/2005

INVOICE_IND X Post Invoice

PSTNG_DATE 02/08/2005

COMP_CODE 5010 Hospira Inc.

CURRENCY/ CURRENCY_ISO USD United States Dollar

GROSS_AMOUNT 100.0000

DOC_TYPE RE PO Invoice

REF_DOC_NO 1 Billing document no

EXCH_RATE 1.00000

CALC_TAX_IND X

HEADER_TXT header text

<b>Item Data</b>

INVOICE_DOC_ITEM 000001 Invoice Document no

PO_NUMBER 4500125768 PO No

PO_ITEM 1 PO item no

ITEM_AMOUNT 100.0000

QUANTITY 10.000

PO_UNIT EA Each

REF_DOC 5000000007 Goods Receipt No

REF_DOC_YEAR 2005 GR year

REF_DOC_IT 0001 Goods Receipt item no

TAX_CODE I0 AP, not relevant to tax

ITEM_TEXT Text

<b>Note:</b>For standard purchase order(Po's start with 45*****) it wont allow you to create without Goods Receipt. U can create an invoice without a Good receipt for only intercompany purchase orders.

If this is useful, pls reward with points.

Regards,

savitha

0 Kudos

Hi Savitha,

Can you explain why it will not allow to create for standard purchase orders ( 45****). In my case i have to create an interface for stock transfer orders. I am getting problems deciding the transaction type like ( invoice,credit memo.....).I know I have to pass the parameters in header and item tables for BAPI. Mu point of interest is how u will decide wether its subsequent debit or credit. In my scenerio i have to post all invoices under planned delivery costs. Most of times I am getting errors on payment terms ( zterm ). Do you have any idea baout these.

Regards,

Haricharan

Message was edited by: Hari Charan Dingari