Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting of Failed Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been using the Standard Report RBDPROCESS for posting of failed Inbound Idocs due to locking of PO's. I am submitting the standared report after filtering records based on conditions.

The Question is

a) While i execute in Foreground report works as expected.

b) While executed in Background mode, & while i see the log through SM37, status comes as cancelled, though the failed IDocs are processed successfully, while i see through WE02.

Spool is not created & the message in SM37 is

<b>Control Framework: Fatal error - GUI cannot be reached</b>

<b>ABAP/4 processor: RAISE_EXCEPTION </b>

<b>Job cancelled </b>

I would like to see the spool, instead of the above log.

Help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Anbalagan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the report, it is calling a separate screen 0100 with a custom control in it to display the data using ALV Grid. Screens cannot be called when you are running the reports in background and therefore you get the Dump for it although all the business logic will be completed as per desired.

Only the displaying part will not be processed.

regards,

Mahesh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the report, it is calling a separate screen 0100 with a custom control in it to display the data using ALV Grid. Screens cannot be called when you are running the reports in background and therefore you get the Dump for it although all the business logic will be completed as per desired.

Only the displaying part will not be processed.

regards,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the reply.

I think that program is not written in a way to handle background operations though it uses class objects.

Even if the report contains a screen, background has to be handled, which fails in this case and thus the status is comming as Cancelled.

Many Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Anbalagan.