Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Document num not captured in BDC message table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a dataload program for Asset Transfer using tcode ABUMN. If I run ABUMN online, it will give me the message saying, 'Asset Transaction posted with document no. xxxxxx' after saving the trx. However, I can't capture this message while running the Call Trx/BDX program.

I don't know why the message table is empty after a successful Call Transaction. If there is an error, it will capture it, but no meesage if the trx is successul. I thought the table will capture any message whether it is a 'S' or 'E' or 'W'. It works for other tcodes, but not for tcode ABUMN.

DATA: T_MESSTAB LIKE BDCMSGCOLL OCCURS 0 WITH HEADER LINE.

" Batch Input Message table

call transaction C_TCODE using t_bdcdata

MODE P_MODE

UPDATE P_UPDATE

MESSAGES INTO T_MESSTAB

CAll Transcation is a standard code, so there is need to specify what types of message should be captured.

I remember seeing some threads about the empty message table, and they suggest to use Parameter Id to capture the posting document #. I tried par id ' BLN' and still not able to see anything there.!!

Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance for any help. Greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have come across with the same issue with transaction CS01. I have done it in a round away . I find an userexit after save , and export the document number to memory and after the call transaction import the document number from memory and updated the BDCMSGCOLL table.

May this info will be helpful to you.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have come across with the same issue with transaction CS01. I have done it in a round away . I find an userexit after save , and export the document number to memory and after the call transaction import the document number from memory and updated the BDCMSGCOLL table.

May this info will be helpful to you.

0 Kudos

Hi a®s, how do I find the user exit for my case?

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will leave them as last choices as my coding is almost done, this is the last piece I have to get it work.

0 Kudos

Please check for userexit after save. of your C_TCODE. and please ensure that document number is flowing into this userexit.

Note: As per Rob suggested. whether SAP is giving a note please follow with that note.

0 Kudos

If you continue with this transaction, you may find other problems along the way. Perhaps it won't work in the background at all.

Best to go with one of the other ideas.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to note 216806, SAP recommends not using transaction ABUMN in batch input. You should use the old transaction (ABUM, I guess) or better yet one of the BAPIS (probably BAPI_ASSET_ACQUISITION_POST).

Rob