Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Upgrade Custome Program treated as repairs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just upgraded a development system from 3.1i to ECC 5.0. I have a custom program that has syntax errors. When I try to edit the program in SE38, it indicates the program needs to be repaired. I can make the change but it requires the modification assistant? This does not seem right to me. Do I have to use the modification assistant to change a "Z" program? Have I missed a step?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay

6 REPLIES 6

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can turn the modification assistant off, I believe it is doing this because the system that you are modifing the object in may not be the original system name. Here is how to turn off the assistant.

From the menu, choose Edit, Modifications Operations, Switch Off Assistant.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will also suggest that, check the development class that is assigned to the program in the old version, due to which that particular custom program is behaving like that.

Thanks,

Sivapratap

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in SE38 go to edit mode, in the menu Edit->modifications operations-> switch off assistant.

then you can edit the program.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can now edit the program. Thanks for the tips above, but now is there any way to change the original system assigned to the program?

Thanks again, Jay

0 Kudos

Typically you will not have authorization to do this, but you can try that from SE03.

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Please make sure to award points for helpful answers and mark your post as solved when solved completely. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman