Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance problerm with the Transaction SARA for FI_MKKDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are facing serious performance problem with the Archiving Object FI_MKKDOC. When ever a run is scheduled for the archiving object FI_MKKDOC, through the transaction SARA, the Job is running and never ending. So it has to be manually cancelled.

I have looked up for the Possible OSS Notes. But all those notes pertaining this problem are already Implemented.

Can someone please suggest me what can be done?

Thanks & regards,

Y Gautham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, archiving programs are notorious for poor performance. I'm assuming you are referring to the WRITE program but you didn't mention which archiving strategy or other parameters. You could try tracing the program and checking for indexing opportunities or reducing your dataset into smaller chunks by altering your selections. I would raise an issue with SAP in the meantime - the worst that can happen is that they'll tell you they won't help. Otherwise, they may give you a note that you didn't find or actually implement a solution for you.

1 REPLY 1

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, archiving programs are notorious for poor performance. I'm assuming you are referring to the WRITE program but you didn't mention which archiving strategy or other parameters. You could try tracing the program and checking for indexing opportunities or reducing your dataset into smaller chunks by altering your selections. I would raise an issue with SAP in the meantime - the worst that can happen is that they'll tell you they won't help. Otherwise, they may give you a note that you didn't find or actually implement a solution for you.