Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

it says in the book that'at the begining of the pbo the runtime system reads the statically created and dynamically modifiable attributes of each screen element on the current screen into a system table with the line type screen.....Can anybody explain is what r the statically created and dynamically modifable attributes...

Thanks and regards

vijaya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess <b>statically created</b> means from the program itself we create screen elements like buttons,menus etc,function keys for BACK,EXIT,CANCEL etc by setting

PF-STATUS

<b>dynamically modifiable</b> means

at runtime depending on which button or key we press

sy-ucomm value changes,

sy-ucomm is a sytem variable that holds the function code for the items created using PF-STATUS.

using CASE ENDCASE for different values process is done.

Generally about how PBO and PAI process flow happens,i gave in the other post along with simple ex, go thru it also,i hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Sowjanya

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screen flow logic is divided into the Process Before Output (PBO) event, which is processed before the screen is displayed, and the Process After Input (PAI) event, which is processed after a user action on the screen.

PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT (PBO) is automatically triggered after the PAI processing of the previous screen and before the current screen is displayed. You can program the PBO processing of the screen in this block. At the end of the PBO processing, the screen is displayed.

When you call a screen, the PROCESS BEFORE OUTPUT event (PBO) is called, and the corresponding event block in the screen flow logic is processed. The screen itself is then displayed until the user triggers the PROCESS AFTER

INPUT (PAI) event by choosing a function.

Attributes of Screen Elements

The entire element of a screen has some attributes, which determines their behavior.

• General – These attributes are directly managed by the screen painter like name of the element, or text of element or column width and various things associated with the screen.

• Dictionary – These attributes are applicable to fields, which are from dictionary. Various components of dictionary can be attached to this element like search help, foreign key.

• Program.

• Display – Behavior of the element with respect to their display feature.

Have a look at below link for setting the screen attributes dynamically.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/9f/dbab6f35c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/content.htm

Best Regards,

Vibha

*Please mark all the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vibha

Thanks for ur response..but thats not my question...

Regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ur question is about PBO and the attributes of the screen as mentioned in the post, if i got it right...

Best Regards,

Vibha

0 Kudos

Hi vibha

my quest is what r the statically created and dynamically modifable attributes...

Thanks and regards

vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess <b>statically created</b> means from the program itself we create screen elements like buttons,menus etc,function keys for BACK,EXIT,CANCEL etc by setting

PF-STATUS

<b>dynamically modifiable</b> means

at runtime depending on which button or key we press

sy-ucomm value changes,

sy-ucomm is a sytem variable that holds the function code for the items created using PF-STATUS.

using CASE ENDCASE for different values process is done.

Generally about how PBO and PAI process flow happens,i gave in the other post along with simple ex, go thru it also,i hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Sowjanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>statically created attributes</b>

while creating some fields on the screen , u will double click on the field and give its name , FCODE if any , whether its list box or not ...these will not change at runtime ...so these r static

<b>dynamically created attributes</b>

u can change the attributes of the screen dynamically..

loop at screen.
   if screen-name = 'MATNR'.
         screen-input = 0.
         modify screen.
    endif.
  endloop