Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing values between two user exits - ABAP stack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there something like an ABAP stack that I can use to pass data between two user exits? I need to hit a user exit on the billing header and one on the billing line item. I am getting data from KNVV so I would rather hit it once, in the header, then pass the values that I need on the line item via a stack of some sort. Is there a way to do this?

Regards,

Davis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try

Export to memory and later Import.

Vinodh Balakrishnan

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try

Export to memory and later Import.

Vinodh Balakrishnan

0 Kudos

No, I am asking if there is something like that.

Davis

0 Kudos

Yes,

See the syntax below.

EXPORT <f1> [FROM <g 1>] <f 2> [FROM <g 2>] ... TO MEMORY ID <key>.

Later use

IMPORT <f1> [TO <g 1>] <f 2> [TO <g 2>] ... FROM MEMORY ID <key>.

Example.

DATA JTAB LIKE SBOOK OCCURS 10 WITH HEADER LINE.

IMPORT ITAB TO JTAB FROM MEMORY ID 'table'.

LOOP AT JTAB.

WRITE / JTAB-BOOKID.

ENDLOOP.

Le'me know if you need more help.

Award if its helpful

Vinodh Balakrishnan

0 Kudos

Vinodh, I would love to reward you but the question was already answered. Also, it is in bad taste to ask (beg) for points so even if you answered the question for me I would not give you points. Please refrain from asking for points in the future. If you have doubts about this policy please ask an admin.

With that said, thank you for your effort.

Davis

0 Kudos

Davis,

Thanks for your generosity.

What am i going to get with these points? I will be happy to note that i could help somebody to solve their problem. Best mode of Happiness is to make others happy. SDN is helping both the Questioner and the Answerer to go through that happiness.

I enjoy my time logged in SDN, sometime i will be able to answer. Most of the time i learn from other's problem.

So please do not reply the same way to anybody else and spoil their mood and happiness, where in you are sitting there happily with your problem solved.

Regarding that question already been answered, are you mentioning about an earlier thread?. B'cos in this thread only i had replied your question. If you are mentioning about earlier thread, Do you want me to sit quiet and wait for you to find from the earlier thread. SDN does not work that way.

Then better thing would be for you to check the earlier threads and then post the question. SDN works this way.

With that said, pl take this in the right stride and enjoy SAP

Vinodh Balakrishnan

0 Kudos

No I was saying that the single reply answered the question. I did search SDN but it is tough to search effectively when you do not know what to search under and then you have SDN's poor search quality and you have my dilemma.

I will reply this way to anybody who asks for points because this is tacky and is not appreciated by SDN. As I said, if you have issues with it then contact a Mod. You say that you just like helping others out well that is why I am on here and you will never see me asking for points. Asking for points is childish and tells others that you are only helping out because you expect points in return. The points are there to show appreciation and appreciation can not be begged for.

Go look at the Coffee House (or whatever it is called) forum and you will see many threads complaining about the same thing that I pointed out to you, people begging for points. If this upsets you in anyway I apologize for that but I do not apologize for my previous post and I stand behind my comments. In no way was I being rude I was just pointing out the policy of SDN.

Davis

0 Kudos

When you two have finished strangulating each other , after the EXPORT TO and IMPORT FROM statements, don't forget to code FREE MEMORY id 'xyz' to clear the specific memory id within the exits.

Cheers,

Sougata.