Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parsing EDI X12 data

0 Kudos

Hello experts, my requirement is that once I get EDI X12 formatted data, I have to store them in SAP system to make FI posting later.

I'm using FTP Function Modules, but I'm not sure how to parse the data.

Data look like this(I got this from Google search and would remove it if this matters) and I have to parse them so that I can work with them.

My questions are:

1) Once I use FTP_COMMAND FM, should I get the data table just look like above?

2) Main question: is there any great way to parse them? Ex. getting specific information(get numbers after BIG* in line 4).

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daehoon,

I cannot offer an answer... rather I would give the advice that your organization needs to invest in acquiring an appropriate X12 software solution instead of trying to build one piece meal. There are tons of options, don't try to build something that dozens of companies have available for the cost of a license because despite the simplistic look it's far more complicated.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daehoon,

I cannot offer an answer... rather I would give the advice that your organization needs to invest in acquiring an appropriate X12 software solution instead of trying to build one piece meal. There are tons of options, don't try to build something that dozens of companies have available for the cost of a license because despite the simplistic look it's far more complicated.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

0 Kudos

Ok, thanks for the opinion