Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are stuck ina strange situation.

We had created several objects and added them in a Package and Request on company's server.

The client server was not available.

The package was ZING.

Now the client server was available and the objects are copied by BASIS onto the client development server.

Now whenever we want to make any change, its going in the Modification Mode.

Cannot edit the programs directly but the modification mode is coming with the button on top like Insert/Undo/Delete etc.

The code we want is added in braces like below:

{ Start of Insert.

}

Why is this happening?

Also I tried to change the package in Object directory entry, I cannot edit the package.

Please help me on this.

Pranu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If these objects are supposed to be originals in the development system (means you can change them without the hassles you decribed), then you can try changing the original system of the object directory entries via transaction SE03 to the system ID of the development system.

Thomas

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Basis Guys can resolve this probelm..there will be a setting for this.

Please ask your basis guys...they can help you.

0 Kudos

BASIS is the client....

Thats the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranu,

Try switching off the modification assistant.

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Switch Off Modification Assistant.

goto se38, change mode- -> Menu path EDIT --> Modification Operations --> Switch Off Assistant.

It will pop up warning, click ok..

Regards,

Mohaiyuddin

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If these objects are supposed to be originals in the development system (means you can change them without the hassles you decribed), then you can try changing the original system of the object directory entries via transaction SE03 to the system ID of the development system.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas.

YOua re a life saver

~Pranu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranu,

There is a way for this,

Goto se03 --> Object Directory --> Change Object Directory entries [double click] --> enter the program name according to the given tabs [don't forget to check the check box] --> F8 --> double click on the program --> change the package name.

Note: This transaction should only be used when it is really necessary

I suppose this should be the right solution.

0 Kudos

You can only change the Object Directory Entries I don't think that setting can be changed.

Edited by: Sai Krishna Kowluri on Nov 21, 2008 11:53 AM