Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overwrite Tax Code in Invoice tab of PO line item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

Is there any user exit through which I can Overwrite Tax Code in Invoice tab of PO line item.

I dont think a field exit will help since I have decide the tax code value based on the line item details like plant and a/c assignment cat. and header Purchase org.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Aditya

3 REPLIES 3

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

there are three different possibilities to influence tax codes in PO - user-exit is not one of them.

If you can assign a company code to your purchase organization, then it's possible to determinate tax code based on purchase view.

Some say, it's possible to maintain on company codes, too.

It's possible to assign MM-tax class to sites and account assignments. Then via tax condition a tax code can be determined.

And you can make a condition determination based on sales tax classes, but then in a pricing user exit corresponding tax class has to be read.

Most times I use tax code determination via tax conditions - then users don't have to maintain anything in addition.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the detailed reply.

However one of your option(s) was interesting viz.

"If you can assign a company code to your purchase organization, then it's possible to determinate tax code based on purchase view.

Some say, it's possible to maintain on company codes, too"

However I am an ABAPer and I believe this might be something to do with config.

Apologize for the requested spoon feeding but could you elaborate how we can go about the suggestion implementation.

Thanks again

Aditya

0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only confirm the purchase view part.

1. Assign company code to purchase organization:

SPRO-Enterprise Structure-Assignment-Materials Management-Assign purchasing organization to company code

2. Maintain field EINE-MWSKZ in purchasing view.

If there is some other place on a more general level - I don't know, I currently think that are rumors.

Regards,

Christian