Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping problem while processing inbound Idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are receiving the inbound IDOCs with a delay of 1 second.

We have a validation on Duplicate PO in the User-Exit of inbound function module with the data in the database.We put a sleep time of 5 seconds also. But it is not working.

We do not want the validation for duplicate PO number at the Sales Order type configuration setup. Because it will effect Sales orders which are created through Online also.

We are using Trigger immediately in partner profiles of all customers.

When we change the option to processing by background program, how it will process one IDOC at a time. Because when we put Trigger Immediately, then also RBDAPP01 program will be triggered.

Could anybody tell me how the program RBDAPP01 is called, in both the cases Trigger Immediately and Trigger by background program.How does the Trigger by Background program will solve the overlapping problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think RBDAPP01 is triggered in both 'process immediately' and 'process later' cases. If you look at the documentation of this program it specifically says <b><i>"Report for processing inbound IDocs not passed to the application immediately."</i></b>

What is true is that in both cases the function module "APPLICATION_IDOC_POST_IMMEDIAT" is used.

So if you schedule RBDAPP01 in background, it will read the IDocs and process them sequentially, provided you did not set it up for parallel processing(second tab on the selection screen).

Hope this helps,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case of 'Process Immediately', an event is triggered which starts a workflow to pass the IDOC to application. Workflow and event should be linked otherwise 'Process Immediately' in partner profile does not have any effect. This is very common when you create a new client, you need to run standard report RSEINBEV to activate this event linkage.

In case of 'Collect IDOC', IDOCs are not processed until a program to process IDOC is explicitly run (either by scheduling a batch job or manually).

Cheers,

Sanjeev

0 Kudos

Did the answers help you? Can you please close the post if resolved?

Thanks,

Srinivas