Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ranges gaps - FM NUMBER_GET_NEXT_V1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm using FM NUMBER_GET_NEXT_V1 to get numbers from number ranges. When calling the FM, parameter ignore_buffer is set to 'X'. Also, I've switched off buffering for the number range object I'm using. But still, we're having number gaps when processing great amount of documents in batch mode. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo

Edited by: Gustavo Muñoz on Nov 1, 2010 8:34 PM

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

why don't you use standard FM NUMBER_GET_NEXT? I am not saying that it will help but that's a standard FM which you should use. BTW is there any chance that creation of some document fails and therefore you don't see them after processing?

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx Martin,

It seems that function module NUMBER_GET_NEXT_V1 was the problem, even though it's a standard program. I replaced it with NUMBER_GET_NEXT, and it's been working OK so far.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If the bufferinfg of your range is not available, that fm extract the last number from NRIV directly, and the number assigned is equal to the last number + the number indicated in the parameter QUANTITY (1 by default):

so if parameter QUANTITY is equal to 1, probably the problem is in your program

Max

0 Kudos

Thnx for your help Max.